List of things to polish on BimmerMania.com
- Akismet should be listed under General -> Quick Access -> Akismet Spam
- DONE: The new dark background needs to be set against the body to stretch the entire page. Test case is login page on a large monitor. Dark background should still extend full page.
- DONE: The new dark background clashes with the current #wrap shadow (#999999) and should be set to either #585858 or #686868 to follow the color palette currently in use. #686868 seems to be preferable.
- All unhovered links should use a blue from the palette with visited links being a brighter/darker than non-visited links. Still debating this.
- DONE: Text shadow under sub-forum names is okay, but should probably be lighter. Other columns such as Topics, Posts, Last Post should use a much lighter shadow due to difference in font weight.
- DONE: Header menu should bulk up a bit and looks fine unhovered, but after hover looks a bit out of place. This should be evaluated.
- DONE: Edit header image to remove the transparent bar and BimmerMania.com text. Instead create this bar and text via css.
- DONE: Look into the way that the rss cron works to make it more reliable and function more on its own rather than page loads.
- DONE: All pages are XHTML 1.0 Strict valid. Consider converting to HTML5 eventually. Priority = low due to the amount of work required for this.
- Update the Links page to make it more functional. The Add Link option should redirect for guests to the Contact form with Submit a Link already selected.
- DONE: Tone down rounded tabs.
- DONE: Remove font sizer.
- Fix use of tables on Links and Garage pages. Change to divs and/or ul.
- DONE: bimmermania.com/ ERROR 185 28 Element span not allowed as child of element ul in this context. (Suppressing further errors from this subtree.)
- bimmermania.com/feed.php?mode=forums --- invalid feed
- Fix trailing slash dup content issue: bimmermania.com/links.php vs. bimmermania.com/links.php/
- Fix url format. Remove php extensions.
- DONE: Some pages did not define headings correctly. The H1 tag should be used for the most top-level heading, with H2 being used for sub-headings and H3 for further sub-headings and so-on. Not conforming to this convention may confuse visitors.
Ensure that headings are defined in a semantically correct way, i.e. always start with a H1 tag. This is used to summarise the page content. Further tags (H2, H3, H4 etc) are meant to summarise and partition sections within the content.
Page headings detail
URL Heading Level
bimmermania.com/downloads.php Categories H2
bimmermania.com/downloads.php Restricted H2
bimmermania.com/downloads-articles.php Downloads → Articles H2
bimmermania.com/downloads-articles.php Categories H2
bimmermania.com/downloads-articles.php Restricted H2
- DONE: Make sure Meta tags are filled out for all Keywords and Descriptions on all page types.
- Add Facebook page and Facebook sharing?
From there, there should be a paginated list of all posts flagged as spam with options to mark as either "Not Spam" or "Delete Permanently".
There should also be an option to erase all spam (without having to flag each one) as well as an option to select specific posts and erase/approve selected.
There should also be a stats counter (local to the board) that tracks the number of spam vs ham that was trapped.
As part of the integration, there should be a brief settings page which can be used to enable/disable Akismet without uninstalling it as well as setting the user's API key.